How to put a tweet into a post that people can interact with directly.
I know I have said it many times before, but I love wordpress. Not only is the tool itself awesome but there is a slew of developers constantly creating amazing plugins that make it so much better. Recently, twitter enabled fully-functional embedding of tweets which meant you could put a tweet on your page and people could actually interact with it. This is a huge step forward for social integration but there was one problem: you had to know (and understand) code pretty well to make it work. Enter wordpress developers…and out comes the Twitter Blackbird Pie plugin. Not only can you put a tweet into a post but you can make it retweet-able, reply-able and favorite-able!
Here’s how it works:
- Download and install the Twitter Blackbird Pie plugin.
- Find the tweet you want to share and copy the url to the actual tweet. To do this, go to your tweet stream, find a tweet you want, then click on the time stamp directly under it. It will open that tweet in a new window. (I am sharing one I sent yesterday)
- Start writing a new post, when you get to where you want the tweet, press enter to go to a new line.
- Click the little blackbird in your toolbar (where the formatting tools are).
- Paste the url of the tweet you want into the box and click insert and…
Now you have a tweet that people can interact with directly in your post.
Try it – click into the tweet, test it out, and see how it works!
This is an awesome option for sharing tweets that you liked – or sharing a tweet you want people to share after reading your post.
How can you see this working for you?