Guess what? I’m AVAILABLE FOR HIRE.
In 2009, I started Wright Creativity, a solo run social media agency working with consumer brands. I managed campaigns for clients across the spectrum, from restaurants and daily deal sites to a international MMA fight brand and an international tire brand. This past August, I made the decision to join a start-up social agency in Orange County as the Director of Social Media (and Director of Community Development). However, as with any start-up, there is a risk that they will have to lay-off team members to survive.
And unfortunately, that was the case here. So as of today, I am looking for new employment.
The first question, of course, is why not just start Wright Creativity back up? And my answer is, for now, I will. I am going to be taking on consulting and strategy clients starting immediately.
However, working with the agency for the last 8 months, I learned a few things about myself. Most importantly being: I love working with a team again, and bringing the ‘social’ back into social media.
It is because of this that I am ideally looking for another full time position, either with:
- A social media agency. Preferably managing the implementation team overseeing the creation of strategy, campaigns, analytics and development. My passion lies in the creativity that I can bring with unique ideas and incredible results for campaigns, and working with clients & an internal team is the best of both.
- A consumer brand. The majority of my experience in social is with creating success for consumer brands (automotive, sports and fashion). I love how connected the fans are, and have a multitude of ideas to bring to the table to help a brand get to the next level.
Regardless of which, I’d prefer to find a company located in Orange County area (LA or SD are possible with the right ability to telecommute or work remotely a few days a week).
So, how can you help?
- Immediately – if you know anyone looking for social media consulting or strategy support, either virtually or in the OC, please send them my way.
- With a full-time position – my complete resume is available to share, or you can share my linkedin profile, twitter handle, email…and of course, this post can be forwarded as well.
- Personally – a few good thoughts would be great! Life has an interesting way of working itself out – and I know with a little work and some awesome friends and connections, it will in this case as well.
Thanks in advance to all of you – for supporting the Wright Creativity blog and any help you may be able to lend in my hunt for a new position.